As a pharmacist/attorney, Lori Bassinger represents and advises health care entities, including pharmacies, wholesale distributors, hospitals and individual practitioners in matters related to their obligations under state and federal regulations. In addition, Lori is engaged in health policy and advocacy work with her colleagues at Bassinger Advocates.
Lori has nearly two decades of experience as an attorney, health policy consultant, and as a voice for recovery programs for health care workers. Lori has worked on government affairs and advocacy projects uniting industry and nonprofits. She enjoys building and mobilizing coalitions to work on policy, legislative and educational initiatives. Previously she served as the Executive Director and Attorney for of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy and as a consultant for the Department of Public Health.
Lori is committed to helping youth with mental health and substance use disorders gain access to treatment. In addition, Lori lectures on topics involving pharmacy law and regulation and impaired health care workers.
- Board Member National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Greater North Shore
- Co-Founder, MDH Foundation
- Advocate for recovery groups in Massachusetts
- Member, American Society of Pharmacy law
- Member, Massachusetts Bar, Admitted 1993
- Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
- Juris Doctor, Suffolk University, Boston, MA
Lori is the proud mother of three beautiful children and enjoys travel and running.